Julia Burns Consulting offers seminars on key contemporary management and leadership issues. The seminars are designed to run for 1-2 hours in-house. This gives Government agencies a very low-cost way to roll out some important messages and tips for staff and managers.
Each seminar will include our Top Ten Tips on that topic.
The seminar topics are:
- Courageous conversations – tackling performance and behavioural issues before it’s too late. Doing nothing costs money and can be the most expensive option;
- Productivity toolkit – the tools required to achieve peak capability – both organisationally and for individuals;
- Building high performance teams – the theory and practice of how to build a true high performance team – including real life case studies;
- Bully-free workplaces – how to respond to workplace bullying issues and how to prevent them from arising by building a harmonious workplace. Preventing bullying helps mitigate organisational liability;
- Public Interest Disclosures – a practical outline of the PID scheme, what it means for you and your team, how to avoid the key risk areas and how to manage any actual disclosure;
- Managing employees with mental health issues – what is ‘mental illness’, the legal framework and best practice performance management principles;
- When do I lead, when do I manage? Am I also a coach and a mentor? – a guide for managers at all levels about the many facets of leading people.
- Performance conversations – great tips on giving and receiving feedback to make the whole process more meaningful and less stressful.
- Leading under pressure – learn how to not just cope but to thrive when leading people in times of pressure and heavy workloads.
- Mentoring skills – helping both mentors and mentees to develop skills to get the most out of a mentoring relationship.
- Code of conduct Vs Performance management in the APS – our experienced and expert consultants will provide guidance on how to decide on the right path when difficult people issues arise, and share lesson learned in our many years of undertaking this work.
- Tips for new managers – at any level – how to thrive, survive and enjoy!
- What do you need to know about being in the SES – aimed at EL2s contemplating an SES career – covering what panels look for, and how to decide if it’s the right step for you.
- Your leadership style – What is leadership and how does it relate to your role? Explores leadership styles, motivators and self-awareness and considers what staff want from their manager.
Contact us on 0419 265 981 or [email protected] for information on pricing and scheduling in your organisation.
Julia Burns is also a very experienced public speaker, available to address conferences and other functions on topics such as:
- Productive, happy workplaces
- Women in leadership – everyone’s opportunity
- Communication and change leadership
- Strength through adversity – a family’s breast cancer story
Julia can develop a speech or presentation to meet your needs.